Construction Work Starting In Your Neighborhood
1350mm or 53 inches
1200mm or 47 inches
300mm or 12 inches
Low to Moderate
The Region of Peel will be relining sanitary sewer (wastewater) pipes on Orr Road, east of Southdown Road.
The work is to rehabilitate the existing pipes and maintenance holes to meet current standards in your area. Wastewater comes from flushing toilets, having, having a shower or washing dishes. Sanitary sewer pipes take wastewater from homes and businesses to the treatment plant.
Reducing the Impact of Construction
- The work will be phased to minimize disruption to traffic.
- Regular working hours will be between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- The east bound lane of Orr Road will be closed during
construction and traffic speed will be reduced to 50 km/hour.
- Pedestrian access to homes and businesses will be
maintained at all times.
- Should construction require an interruption of your water supply, we will contact to arrange the most convenient time.
- If an emergency shutdown is required, we will inform you and attempt to minimize the inconvenience.
- We will let you know if there are any substantial changes to the project.
The Region of Peel provides a safe environment that conforms to the
Occupational Health and Safety Act, at all times.
Construction is expected to start on July 24, 2017 and be substantially completed by the end of December 2017. Final restoration work will be completed by the end of June 2018.
The Region encourages you to notify us if you have special requirements or if you have any comments or issues. Please reference Capital Project 14-2345.
Jimmy Chong, Project Manager
905-791-7800, ext. 7886