As of September 1, 2013, the residential Humidifier Rebate Program will be ending. More information.
Get a rebate of $30 or $70 when you replace your furnace-mounted humidifier with a Peel-Approved (1 page, 25 KB) water-efficient model.
Many furnace-mounted humidifiers waste up to 200 litres of water per day. By installing a Peel-Approved water efficient humidifier you’ll save water and money.
Humidifiers help moisten dry indoor air. They also:
- help improve respiration for people with asthma and compromised immune systems
- reduce dry skin and irritation associated with dry air
- reduce static caused by movement on furniture and carpets
You’re eligible for a water-efficient humidifier rebate, if you:
- Own or rent a single-family home in the Region of Peel.
Single-family homes include:
- Single detached houses.
- Semi-detached houses.
- Multiplex units.
- Individual townhouses on municipal/private water services.
- Bought your Peel-Approved (1 page, 25 KB) water-efficient furnace-mounted humidifier on or after January 1, 2010.
- Have a water service account “in good standing” with the Region of Peel (e.g., all of your Region of Peel water bills have been paid in full.)
Applying for a Rebate
Choose a water-efficient furnace-mounted humidifier from the Peel-Approved
(1 page, 25 KB) list.
Install the humidifier and complete the Residential Humidifier Rebate Application
(2 pages, 107 KB).
Staple your original sales receipt to the completed application. Keep a photocopy of your application and receipt for your records.
Mail or drop-off your completed application to:
Region of Peel
Humidifier Rebate Program
Water Smart Peel
2 Copper Rd.
Brampton, ON L6T 4W5
Your rebate cheque will be mailed to you within 6 – 8 weeks.