Community Investment Program (CIP)
Helping build the capacity of not-for-profit agencies to deliver community and social services in Peel.
Upcoming information sessions
We are hosting community information sessions to:
- Share findings from our Fall 2018 Program Review
- Share details of new funding program changes
- Announce application cycles for 2019-2020
Sessions will be taking place across the Region this summer.
Sign-up for a session. Space is limited, register today!
To be considered for any of the CIP funds, an agency must be:
- Incorporated as a not-for-profit organization for a minimum of 2 years.
- Located in and serving Peel residents with a mandate to provide human and social services.
- Governed by a volunteer board of directors that’s representative of the community it serves.
- An organization that provides equal access to services for individuals of diverse cultures and disabilities.
- In compliance with the Ontario Human Rights Code in its hiring practices and in provision of all its services.
- Able to provide 2 years of annual financial statements.
Who we will not fund
- For profit organizations
- Organizations acting in the capacity of a funding body
- Organizations that duplicate services in the same geographical area
- Organizations affiliated with a political party or that have a political mandate
What we will not fund
- Costs directly linked to the delivery of a program or service
- Annual fundraising drives or events
- Religious programs, activities or proselytizing
- Political activities
- Activities completed, or costs incurred before the approval of the request to the Region
- Medical research or medical equipment
Programs where the federal or provincial government have the primary responsibility for funding, including but not limited to:
- Hospital-based health programs
- Medical research
- Arts and cultural programs
- Formal education and training
- Settlement and English language instruction programs
Programs that are funded or delivered by the Town of Caledon, the City of Mississauga or the City of Brampton, including but not limited to:
- Parks and recreation
- Environmental programs
- Economic development
We provide grants for not-for-profit agencies to help build the capacity of the sector to better deliver human and social services across the Region.
Learn more about our funds and how to apply. Visit our Program funds page.
Refer to your reporting due dates as outlined in your contract. Review the reporting tip sheet (PDF)
Grant opportunities for community agencies in the Peel Region:
- The City of Brampton
- The City of Mississauga
- The Town of Caledon
- United Way of Peel Region
- Ontario Trillium Foundation
- Bell Let's Talk Community Fund
- CN EcoConnextions - From the Ground Up
- Community Foundation of Mississauga
- EcoAction Community Funding Program
- Employment and Social Development Canada
- Grants Ontario
- The Allstate Foundation
- The Atkinson Charitable Foundation
- The Aviva Community Fund
- The McLean Foundation