- Breakfast programs - a program that provides prepared breakfast and/or morning snack at a fixed location; program is free and available to residents.
- Food delivery programs - a program that delivers donated food and/or a prepared meal directly to someone's home; program may have a fee.
- Food bank - a program that provides donated food to residents based on an needs assessment and catchment area.
- Food education program (community kitchen) - programs that teach food preparation, cooking for free or a nominal fee; programs usually open to all residents.
- Multi-food service programs - agencies that provide more than one food program in conjunction with other social services; programs are for free or a nominal fee.
- School food programs - free breakfast and snack programs that operate in schools and are restricted to students attending that school.
- Community meal program (soup kitchen) - agencies that provide free prepared lunch and/or dinners for residents.
- Support services - programs, distribution centres that support agencies who provide food to residents.
- Community gardens - urban gardens supported by residents to benefit residents
The Food Program locations can be downloaded from the Region of Peel's Open Data site.