Service and facility updates
Some of our services and facilities are reopening while others continue to be affected due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We’ll update you as changes happen.
Changes to Regional building access
Access Peel service counters and Humans Services reception are now open. Get details
Remember to wear a non-medical mask when visiting Regional buildings. Residents should not visit Regional buildings for answers to your COVID-19 questions.
COVID-19 at our Long Term Care Centres
Keeping our residents and staff safe is our top priority. We're maintaining staff levels and preventing social isolation for our residents. Learn more.
Peel Long Term Care Centres are allowing outdoor and indoor visits from resident friends and family members. Safety remains our top concern. Find out more about the visitor guidelines that have been created. Virtual visits are still available.
Adult Day Services are closed until further notice. Clients and caregivers will be contacted daily to provide support. Additional in-home support for clients may be available through LHIN Home and Community Care. Contact the supervisor of your Adult Day Services for more information.
The Ontario government is allowing licensed child care centres to return to maximum group sizes starting September 1. Child care providers will need to continue following health and safety guidelines.
Get updated information about:
COVID-19 and construction in Peel
Critical infrastructure construction is on the list of essential services that can continue during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We've put these measures in place to protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors and Peel's communities:
- Following the new Provincial Guidelines for Construction.
- Physical distancing, when possible.
- Using personal protective equipment.
- Adjusting work schedules and shifts.
The following programs are affected:
- Current Ontario Works clients will continue to receive their scheduled payments
- Ontario Works and Employment workshops are cancelled.
- 2020 income tax preparation clinics are closed until further notice.
- Peel Youth Village community – use of gym equipment will not be available.
- As of March 18, Ontario Works appointments will only be completed over the phone. Call 905-793-9200 if you live in Brampton or Mississauga and Caledon, 1-800-327-5379.
The Ontario government is expanding access to temporary emergency assistance for those in financial crisis who do not currently have access to other supports. Individuals can apply online at Ontario.ca/community
The Government of Canada also has a plan to help individuals and small businesses during the COVID-19 crisis. Get details about the Canada and Ontario response plans.
To support residents through COVID-19, food bank and community food program hours have been updated. Refer to the Peel Food Map to check the updated hours and for information on donations, through the Emergency Donation Centre. Call 211 if you can't access the online food map.
See social support for more information about resources, services and programs to support you during COVID-19.
There are no changes to garbage, recycling or organics collection.
The fall garbage exemption period is suspended.
Every household can place up to 2 extra garbage bags at the curb on their garbage collection day. No garbage tags necessary. Garbage tag sales are suspended.
Put gloves, masks and other home healthcare waste in your garbage, not in recycling.
Community Recycling Centres (CRCs)
- Single loads (1 per day) of 100 kg (220.4 lbs.) or less are free of charge.
- If a load exceeds 100 kg, the first 100 kg is free, then a 12¢ per kg charge will apply to the rest of the load.
- We’re currently only accepting debit, VISA or MasterCard.
Peel CRCs are currently not accepting tires.
Suspended until further notice:
- cash payments
- rain barrel and backyard composter sales
- compost sales
- kitchen container sales
- garbage tag sales
All services offered by Housing Services at the Region are currently operating.
Access our housing and homeless update for information about how we are responding to COVID-19.
- Our staff in Development Services, Regional Planning and Growth Management and Transportation Planning are working remotely and are conducting services via email, 1-on-1 phone calls, conference calls, or virtual meetings.
- Submissions via courier or mail will not be accepted as counters are currently closed to the public. Contact the Peel employee assigned to your application directly to arrange for electronic submissions.
- Payments cannot be processed by cheque, visa or debit at this time. Development Services is currently investigating electronic fund transfer methods, while working with the local municipalities on alternative payment options.
- Approvals, clearances or correspondence will be issued electronically via e-mail.
You may experience some delays in service. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAMA is closed until further notice.
Visit pama.peelregion.ca or call 905-791-4055
As of September 23, the Access Peel service counter at PAMA is open for regular service from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
To help limit the spread of COVID-19, practice physical distancing in our buildings. Non-medical masks are mandatory in all common areas of residential buildings in Brampton, Mississauga and Caledon, including: hallways; lobbies; laundry rooms; garbage rooms; elevators or other common areas of your building.
Sign up for our newsletter
We're physically-distanced but we can still communicate! Join our email list to stay connected. We'll send you timely and useful information about Peel Living – your home, your community and your Region. Sign up to join.
Call us for maintenance repairs at 905-790-7335. Do not go to the superintendent's office.
Peel Living will continue to respond to emergency maintenance matters and, to ensure the safety of everyone, screening questions will be asked.
Party room closures
Party rooms will remain closed until it is safe to reopen them during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Weekly telephone check-in for seniors
Connect with a Peel Region volunteer for a weekly friendly phone call. This service is offered is different languages. Volunteers and Peel Living staff are working together to deliver this service. All volunteers have been screened and received training.
To register, please call (905) 791-7800 ext. 7615.
How to report non-compliance
If you would like to report that people are not complying with the mandatory physical distancing, view reporting non-compliance for more information.
Businesses run out of rental units
Tenants and occupants should be following the Ontario government’s order to close all non-essential businesses. This includes closing any non-essential businesses run out your rental unit. In addition, all social gatherings of more than 10 people are prohibited. For more information, access the notice to tenant (PDF).
Playgrounds are now open. Please note that playgrounds are not sanitized.
- Limit the number of people in the laundry room and keep a 2 metre (or 6 ft) distance between you and others.
- Limit laundry room visits to loading and unloading of washers and dryers only.
- Do not wait in the laundry room while the wash and dry cycles are in progress.
- Fold clothes in your own home and not in the laundry room.
Limit the number of people on the elevator at one time or consider taking the stairs.
Paying your rent
Peel Living offices are closed to the public. However, if you wish to drop off your rent payment at a Region of Peel office, you have the following options:
- At 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton you may place the envelope in our drop box at the entrance, or use the drive-through mail box.
- At 7120 Hurontario St., Mississauga you may place the envelope in our drop box at the entrance.
You can also pay your rent through preauthorized debit or by online banking. To start preauthorized debit, call Peel Living at 905-790-7335.
Rent payments by money order will continue to be accepted, however we're asking that you deposit your payments into an envelope along with your full legal name, tenant ID, building and unit number, and the amount of your monthly payment. Then place the envelope in the drop box at the superintendent's office.
We understand that you may experience financial trouble during this difficult time. We will waive the Peel Living portion of any NSF charges you incur.
If you are unable to pay, Peel Living will work with you to arrange repayment. Administrative processes may be delayed, contact your Tenant Support Agent if you have specific questions.
If you need additional support during the pandemic, call 905-791-7800 or call 211. Governments have set up programs to help residents and businesses financially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more about the Canada and Ontario response plans.
Beware of people contacting you by phone or at your door
Peel Public Health does not:
- Ask for credit card or health card information in communicating COVID-19 test results.
- Sell or deliver COVID-19 test kits or Personal Protection Equipment such as gowns and surgical masks.
You should report a fraud to the Police non-emergency line.
You can contact your Tenant Support Agent or also contact the Canada Anti-fraud Centre 1-888-495-8501 (toll free).
The Canadian government is currently monitoring several scams.
There are many supports in place to help you during this time. View Social support for more resources to help during this time.
School Immunization and Catch Up Clinics
School Immunization programs, community immunization catch up clinics and the immunization clinics for newcomers are cancelled until further notice.
Baby feeding support clinics
Meadowvale, Fairview and Brampton clinics are closed until further notice. There will also be no Infant Feeding home visits at this time.
Baby feeding support
- Telephone support from Public Health nurses is available at 905-799-7700. Wait times may be long.
- Telehealth Ontario is available at 1-866-797-0000, open 24/7.
- Consider following-up with your family doctor or midwife.
The Doctor's Breastfeeding Clinic
Call in advance for an appointment: 289-233-1957 or visit www.drbfc.ca
#201 – 10 Gillingham Drive, Brampton
- Monday: closed
- Tuesday and Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday and Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Clinic)
Call in advance for an appointment: 416-498-0002 ext. 221
255 Sheppard Avenue East, North York
8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Private lactation consultants (LC)
To hire and pay for an LC, visit the Canadian Lactation Consultants Association.
Baby feeding videos from Peel Public Health
Healthy Babies Healthy Children (HBHC)
There are no HBHC home visits at this time. Telephone support is available at 905-799-7700.
Breastfeeding Companions program
No online registrations at this time.
Healthy sexuality clinics
Bolton, Meadowvale, Malton, and Hope 24/7 clinics are closed until further notice.
The Fairview clinic, in Mississauga is open. Check clinic hours.
The 150 clinic, in Brampton is open. Check clinic hours.
Adult prenatal programs
Adult face-to-face prenatal classes are cancelled until further notice.
Healthy Start and Teen Prenatal Supper Club
Healthy Start and Teen Prenatal Supper Club sites across Peel Region are closed (March 16). Visit Bridgeway Family Center for updates.
If you wish to register for the online InJoy Prenatal Education Program and you do not have an access code, email email@example.com
Oral health services
- All Oral health clinics are closed until further notice
- Regular dental services for seniors are currently on hold.
- Emergency dental treatment is available for eligible seniors through the Ontario Seniors Dental Program. Call 905-799-7800 to ask about emergency dental services.
Family Health call centre
Wait times may be longer than usual.
Food handler courses
All food handler courses and home study exams are cancelled until further notice.
Peel Works Harm Reduction
Mobile van services – Hours of service are Monday through Saturday 4 – 10:30 p.m.
To access harm reduction supplies and naloxone kits in Peel call or text the NEP cell phone at 647-225-1623.
Harm reduction supplies in Peel may also be accessed at the following locations:
- Fairview clinic – 325 Central Parkway West Unit 21, Mississauga Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Bloom clinic – 40 Finchgate Boulevard Suite 224, Brampton. Call ahead for hours at 416-294-0561.
- OATC Brampton clinic – 118 Queen Street West Suite 301, Brampton. Monday to Friday 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- MOYO Health and Community Services – prearranged drop off service Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday between 12 noon and 4:30 pm. Request service by calling 416-948-6459 between 9 and 4:30 pm.
Harm reduction supplies and services via the mobile van are accessed by phone request.
Clients call or text the NEP mobile van number (647-225-1623) and arrange an exchange.
Harm reduction supplies and services at the Fairview clinic can be accessed on a walk-in basis.
Vaccine and medication orders
Until further notice, vaccines can not be picked up at the following locations: Meadowvale and Malton clinics and the Davis Centre Long Term Care Centre.
Vaccine and STI medication orders are available in the following ways:
- Paid vaccine delivery.
- Pick-up at Fairview – 325 Central Parkway West, Unit 21, Mississauga.
- Pick-up at Hurontario – 7120 Hurontario Street, Mississauga.
- Pick-up at Brampton – 150 Central Park Drive, Brampton
The following Access Peel counters are open for regular service. No appointments are needed.
- 10 Peel Centre Dr., Brampton, Suite B, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 7120 Hurontario St., Mississauga, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives (PAMA) at 7 Wellington St., Brampton, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. PAMA facilities remain closed to the public.
To ensure the safety of everyone in Regional buildings, residents will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 at building entrances.
Wear a non-medical mask or face covering when coming to a Regional building.
We’ve put health and safety protocols in place to protect you and our employees. They include:
- Screening at building entrances.
- Clear protective barriers at service counters.
- Signage to provide direction for visitors.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing of high touch and high traffic areas.
Service noticesHuman Services reception at 10 Peel Centre Drive will be open for limited services and by appointment only. Call 905-793-9200 if you live in Brampton or Mississauga or 1-800-327-5379 if you live in Caledon to make an appointment.
Human Services cheque window at 10 Peel Centre Drive will be open:
- The first and last business day of each month, without an appointment.
- Other days during the month, by appointment only.
To make an appointment, call 905-793-9200 if you live in Brampton or Mississauga or 1-800-327-5379 if you live in Caledon.
Human Services reception and cheque window at 7120 Hurontario Street will remain closed.
Ontario Works appointments are being completed over the phone:
- Brampton or Mississauga call 905-793-9200
- Caledon call 1-800-327-5379
Residents should not come to the office in person unless they have spoken to a case worker who has directed you to do so.
Council Chambers are now open to the public with limited capacity. Residents who would like to attend in-person will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Council meetings are also streamed online on Council days.
Regional Clerk services
- Council agendas, statements of claims or Freedom of Information Requests call 905-791-7800, ext. 4465 or email email@example.com.
- Claim for lien may be served upon The Regional Municipality of Peel by sending a copy to the Regional Clerk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Works information contact PWReception@peelregion.ca or call 416-262-1008.
Paramedic Services reporting stations are closed to the public. To request reports, call 905-791-7800 ext. 3926.
The following service changes are in effect until further notice:
- Passengers are asked to stay home if they’re feeling sick.
- Passengers are screened for symptoms of COVID-19 when booking a trip and before boarding the vehicle.
- Operators are wearing personal protective equipment such as gloves, masks, face shields and goggles.
- Wearing a face mask or covering while travelling on TransHelp is mandatory.
- Vehicles are cleaned daily using a hospital grade disinfectant.
- Subscription trips are temporarily suspended.
- Applications are being accepted and processed; however, if an in-person eligibility assessment is required, temporary service will be granted until an assessment can be scheduled.
All our regularly scheduled volunteer programs in Health Services are suspended until further notice.
We’re recruiting volunteers to support tenants in our Peel Living buildings. Volunteers can help by becoming an on-site ambassador at one of our Peel Living buildings.
Health and safety of volunteers: our on-site volunteer positions have been designed to strictly follow Public Health guidelines to keep our volunteers and tenants safe during the pandemic.
Visit our volunteer page for more details and apply online.
Contact us with questions at email@example.com
Reopening water and wastewater systems
Preparing to reopen your building to employees and residents?
Get guidance from Public Works for safely reopening a facility’s drinking water and wastewater systems and other related maintenance.
Regional Council decided to defer late payment charges for water bills due between April 1 – June 30, 2020.
This deferral also applies to the stormwater charge for Mississauga residents.
Regional Council also decided to defer the Regional water and wastewater rate increase to July 1, 2020.
Paying your water bill
In keeping with physical distancing guidelines, in-person payments are temporarily suspended at 10 Peel Centre Drive.
You can still pay your water bill online, or mail your water payment bill to:
The Region of Peel
P.O. Box 2099, Station B
Brampton, ON L6T 3X2
Attention: Water Billing
If you need to reschedule your pre-authorized payments (PAD), call 905-791-8711 or email ZZGPaymentsNew@peelregion.ca.
Questions about water billing
Our call centre is experiencing a high volume of calls due to the COVID-19 outbreak. For faster response contact the following groups:
Cancellation of non-emergency in-home visits
Water and Wastewater studies and programs that require employees to enter customers’ homes, will be suspended until further notice, except for response to emergencies.
Customers who have questions or concerns about drinking water or wastewater collection should contact the Region by calling 905-791-7800 ext. 4685 or via email at WaterQualityInquiries@peelregion.ca
Do not flush wipes or paper towels. Always put used disinfectant wipes in the garbage and paper towels in your organics bin.
The Well Abandonment Program is suspended until further notice.
Water and wastewater treatment processes at Peel remain unchanged. Peel Water staff continue to ensure customers have access to safe, clean water during the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We recognize the importance of essential water and wastewater services.
According to the World Health Organization and global research, presence of the COVID-19 virus has not been found in drinking water. Based on current evidence the risk to water supplies in the Region of Peel is very low. Staff monitor the quality of drinking water and treated wastewater to ensure continued protection of public health and the environment.
Our wastewater treatment plants treat disease causing organisms including viruses. COVID-19 is a type of virus that is susceptible to disinfection. Standard treatment and disinfection processes at the Region's wastewater treatment plants are expected to be effective.
Private well owners
Find information on private well water pick-up and drop-off locations. Please note that the PAMA Access Peel location continues to remain closed to the public and will not be accessible for water bottle pick-up.