Help with housing
How to access our housing services.
We are experiencing longer than normal response times. Applications for housing services may take between 8 to 12 weeks to review. We apologize for this delay.
Not all applications will take this long to review, as we are prioritizing urgent cases. Do not contact us to follow up on your case unless there is a significant or urgent change in your circumstances.
If you're at risk of losing your housing, are homeless, or need affordable housing, we can help.
To better understand your needs, we've created a screening tool that will ask you some questions and can be completed online. This is the first step to getting the housing support you need.
For assistance access the following resources
If you're homeless
- Drop-in meals, in from the cold and shower programs
- Street Helpline 1-877-848-8481
- Shelters across Peel for individuals and families
- Outreach services
- 211 community services
- Peel community services directory
If you're at risk of being homeless or need housing support
If you’re searching for apartments or market housing
Completing the screening tool
Before getting started:
- Do not complete the screening tool more than once.
- You only need to complete the screening tool once for your entire household.
- You will be able to indicate more than 1 housing need when you go through the screening tool.
- You will be required to participate in your case plan. You are expected to provide the necessary documents to your housing support worker such as ID, banking information, validation of income, expenses and arrears, etc.
- If you only want to be placed on the centralized waitlist (Community Housing HSA), review your eligibility before starting the screening. You are no longer required to complete a paper application. Once your request has been actioned, you will receive a confirmation letter.
- If you only want to receive a housing subsidy and be placed on the housing waitlist, review your eligibility before starting the screening. You are no longer required to complete a PATH application.
- If you are working with a Housing Support Worker or Housing Representative, you can contact them directly. Do not proceed with the screening.
- If you are currently receiving assistance from Ontario Works, contact your Ontario Works caseworker for support if you have a housing need. Do not proceed with the screening.
- If you need ongoing help paying for food, clothing, and other essentials, do not proceed with the screening tool. Refer to financial help and Ontario Works for details.
Please use the screening tool during regular business hours only: Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
If you are unable to complete the screening online, contact us at 905-453-1300.