Community Investment Program (CIP)
We fund not-for-profit agencies to support their core operations, organizational development and create collaborative partnerships.
New way to manage your funds
We’re launching a new online fund management system. Learn more about the system and how to get training.
Each year, we provide $6.8 million in funding to the human services sector to address complex social challenges.
Top funding investments by sector
- 20% Children, youth and families
- 17% Food security
- 14% Multiservice and community programs
- 10% Employment and income supports
- 10% Domestic violence and crisis support
- 9% Disabilities
- 8% Mental health and addictions
- 4% Housing and homelessness
- 4% Older adults
- 4% Newcomers and settlement
Community Investment Program funds
We provide grants for not-for-profit agencies to help build the capacity of the sector to better deliver human and social services across the Region.
- Aligning 2020 Community Investment Program to COVID-19 post recovery efforts
- Community Investment Program 2019 update
One-time grants are available for Peel's not-for-profit organizations with immediate needs to assist vulnerable clients and residents during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more about the COVID-19 community funding.
Funding is also available for eligible not-for-profit organizations across Peel. Learn about social services funding.
Agencies will be able to use the new fund management system called GovGrants to:
- Apply for funding online.
- Sign electronic contracts.
- Complete progress reports.
- Update information about your agency.
- Communicate with our staff.
Training is available
We'll be hosting a series of training sessions to help introduce this new system to our not-for-profit partners. There will be 2 phases of training.
Phase 1: GovGrants system registration and provider training
In this phase of GovGrants training, agencies will learn:
- How to access GovGrants.
- The process to register their agency in the system.
- How to complete their provider profile.
- Cancelled - Monday, November 23 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 24 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 24 from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 25 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 25 from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Cancelled - Friday, November 27 from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
If your agency is going to be applying for CIP funding in 2021, it's very important that you attend this session.
Once you've completed this training session, you'll need to register in the new system by December 15.
Sign up for training
Email and let us know what session you would like to attend.
How do I? a guide to frequently asked questions
This guide features information about how to access GovGrants, tips and tricks for using the tool, getting assistance with technical issues, and other helpful 'how-to' sections. The guide is set up so you can jump to the section you need from the table of contents.
Tips for working in GovGrants
A 1-page tip sheet to help walk you through how to use GovGrants including useful reminders and where to go for help.
Service provider profile training guide
This guide provides information on how to set up and complete the registration process using the GovGrants system.
Head office and provider profile registration
This video provides the steps to complete your head office and provider profile registration and setup for service providers using the GovGrants system.
Get started using GovGrants
GovGrants is user-friendly, safe and secure. The information you input into the system will only be accessed by authorized uses in your organization and CIP staff. You can view your information at any time to make updates as needed.
Grant opportunities for community agencies in the Peel Region
- The City of Brampton
- The City of Mississauga
- The Town of Caledon
- United Way of Peel Region
- Ontario Trillium Foundation
- Bell Let's Talk Community Fund
- CN EcoConnextions - From the Ground Up
- Community Foundation of Mississauga
- EcoAction Community Funding Program
- Employment and Social Development Canada
- Grants Ontario
- The Allstate Foundation
- The Atkinson Charitable Foundation
- The Aviva Community Fund
- The McLean Foundation