Your water bill is based on your water meter reading.
Most customers are billed every 3 months. If you use over 455 cubic metres of water per month, you’ll be billed every month.
Coming fall 2021
Access and pay your water bills online. Details to follow soon.
Watch how the Region is investing in high quality water while keeping costs affordable:
Water and Wastewater rates snapshot
For residential properties connected to the wastewater system, the wastewater rate is applied to 85% of total water usage that is read by your meter.
Following rates are effective from April 1, 2021.
If your meter measures cubic metres (m3):
- Your water rate is $1.6724 per m3.
- Your wastewater rate is $1.2796 per m3.
If your meter measures imperial gallons:
- Your water rate is $7.60 per 1,000 gallons.
- Your wastewater rate is $5.82 per 1,000 gallons.
If you paid a flat rate prior to meter installation:
- Your water rate is $21.12 per month.
- Your wastewater rate is $14.47 per month.
What do my rates cover?
Your water bill pays for drinking water and wastewater services.
The Region operates and maintains:
- 2 water treatment facilities
- 3 wastewater treatment facilities
- thousands of kilometres of watermain and wastewater pipes
- municipal wells
- pumping stations, and
Water bill rates also cover:
- The treatment and delivery of water.
- The collection and treatment of wastewater
- Thousands of water sample tests that ensure the highest standard of water quality
- The accuracy of over 335,000 water meters and regular meter readings
- Capital infrastructure program and reserve funds to meet the needs of growth and to invest in infrastructure state-of-good-repair
- Support for local Conservation Authorities that help protect our natural environment
Visit paying your bills for more information on billing and late payments.
A 91-day grace period has been introduced for water bills issued from April 1 – June 30. During this time, no late payment charges will be applied. Customers who are currently on a pre-authorized payment plan can contact us at 905-791-8711 or email to change scheduled payments.
If you don’t pay your bill on time, there will be a late payment charge. Should the bill remain unpaid, your outstanding balance may be transferred to your property tax roll. You’ll also be charged additional administrative fees for the transfer.
Late payments by cheque
If you are mailing your cheque and we receive it after the due date, a late payment charge will apply. Be sure to give enough time to mail your cheque so that it can be processed by the due date. Setting up pre-authorized payments will ensure that you pay your bill on time.
Non-sufficient funds (NSF) returns
NSF charges will be applied if a payment is rejected due to insufficient funds in your bank account.
If you’re set up for pre-authorized payments and a payment is rejected due to NSF, we will not retry withdrawing the payment, and you’ll have to manually make another payment for your bill