Your water bill is based on your water meter reading.
Most customers are billed every 3 months. If you use over 455 cubic metres of water per month, you’ll be billed every month.
Watch how the Region is investing in high quality water while keeping costs affordable:
Water rate snapshot
If your meter measures cubic metres (m3):
- Your water rate is $1.4725 per m3.
- Your wastewater rate is $1.1367 per m3.
If your meter measures imperial gallons:
- Your water rate is $6.69 per 1,000 gallons.
- Your wastewater rate is $5.17 per 1,000 gallons.
If you paid a flat rate prior to meter installation:
- Your water rate is $18.60 per month.
- Your wastewater rate is $12.85 per month.
What do my rates cover?
Your water bill pays for drinking water and wastewater services.
The Region operates and maintains:
- 2 water treatment facilities
- 3 wastewater treatment facilities
- thousands of kilometres of watermain and wastewater pipes
- municipal wells
- pumping stations, and
Water bill rates also cover:
- The treatment and delivery of water.
- The collection and treatment of wastewater
- Thousands of water sample tests that ensure the highest standard of water quality
- The accuracy of over 334,000 water meters and regular meter readings
- Capital infrastructure program and reserve funds to meet the needs of growth and to invest in infrastructure state-of-good-repair
- Support for local Conservation Authorities that help protect our natural environment