Create or make changes to a water billing account
You must complete and submit a form if you need to create, change, or add information to an existing water billing account.
On this page
- What you need
- How to create or update a water account
- Who to contact
- More information
You are eligible for this service if you have a Peel Region water billing account or are moving to Brampton, Caledon, or Mississauga and need to create a new account.
What you need
The information you need to provide depends on the circumstance. You will provide specific information about the account holder and the property on the form you submit.
Fees will be added to the water bill.
For specific fee information and additional fees and charges that can apply to both residential and business customers, visit service charges.
How to create or update a water account
How to create or update a water account depends on your situation. All situations require completing and submitting a form.
Select the situation that applies to you:
Buying or selling a property
Complete the water bill account change form if you’re moving to a new or resale home, or closing a water bill account.
Information must be provided at least 15 days before your move-in date.
Changing account holder information
Complete the account holder change request form to add, remove, or change the name on an existing water billing account.
Forms for renters
Renting and moving in
Before you open a tenant account, have the name and email address of the tenant or landlord available.
- If you initiate the form as a landlord, review your information on the form.
- If you initiate the form as a tenant, review and sign the form. When you click on finish, the form will be sent to the landlord for completion.
- All parties will receive a copy of the completed form.
Complete the open a tenant account form.
Renting and moving out
If you're a tenant moving out of a property, complete the closing account form.
We do not backdate move-outs. If the date occurs in the past, the date we receive the form will be used as the move-out date.
Forms for commercial landlords
Tenants moving in
Use the commercial tenant billing information form to set up billing and payment information for new tenants moving into a commercial property.
- Make sure the meter serial number is included on the form.
- Submit the commercial tenant billing information form at least 7 days before the tenant move-in date. We do not backdate move-ins, therefore, the date we receive the form will be used as the move-in date if the date occurs in the past.
- Once the completed form has been processed, the tenant will receive a confirmation e-mail with their account detail.
Complete the commercial tenant billing information form.
Tenants moving out
Use the close a tenant account form if your tenants are moving out of a commercial property.
- We do not backdate move-outs. If the date occurs in the past, the date we receive the form will be used as the move-out date.
Who to contact
For more details about moving into Peel, email Billing Account Management.
If you’re a landlord or tenant with a question or concern, email Water Billing.
If you would like more information, call 905-791-8711.
It can take 7-10 business days to process changes to a water billing account. Once the form is processed, you will receive a confirmation message at the email address provided.
If buying a resale home we recommend that you buy a Utility Arrears Certificate. This will protect you from having to pay any water billing charges that you are not responsible for.