Installation of Water Feedermain
Eastgate Pkwy. from Dixie Rd. to Cawthra Rd. Tomken Rd. from Eastgate Pkwy. to Britannia Rd. Cawthra Rd. from Eastgate Pkwy. to 100 Metres North of Burnhamthorpe Rd.
Project 10-1205 C3, 10-1121
For latest information, please visit Hanlan Water Project or follow us on Twitter @hanlanwp
What are we doing?
- Installing a 2400-mm (8 feet) diameter water feedermain on Eastgate Parkway from Dixie Road to Tomken Road and on Tomken Road from Eastgate Parkway to Britannia Road. View attached map.
- Installing a 1500-mm (5 feet) diameter water subtransmission main on Tomken Road from Britannia Road to Eastgate Parkway, on Eastgate Parkway from Tomken Road to Cawthra Road, and on Cawthra Road from Eastgate Parkway to 100 metres north of Burnhamthorpe Road.
- Replacing local distribution watermains along the Hanlan route as required by our State of Good Repair Program.
- The work will be completed using both open cut (trenching) and tunnelling construction.
- To meet the water demands of future planned and approved Regional growth, including the Mississauga city centre core.
- To provide operational flexibility if we need to temporarily shut off the existing Hanlan Feedermain for inspection and repair.
- To upgrade the water system capacity and reliability in line with the Region’s State of Good Repair Program.
- Work will start in June 2014.
- The project should be completed mid 2017.
Who can you call?
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibility||Telephone Number|
|David Abreu||Hanlan Ambassador||Cell: 416-274-9164|
|Frank Pugliese||Assistant Project Manager||Cell: 905-867-6437|
- Construction will be done in stages to minimize traffic disruption.
- We will maintain the following lanes through the construction zones:
- Britannia Road: Minimum of one eastbound and one westbound lane
- Tomken Road: Minimum of one northbound and one southbound lane
- Eastgate Parkway: Minimum of one eastbound lane, with no restrictions to westbound lanes
- Cawthra Road: Minimum of one northbound and one southbound lane
- The construction work may generate slight vibrations which may be felt in your home or business.
- Property owners and/or tenants within approximately 100 metres of the proposed construction zone should have received a letter offering a free preconstruction inspection survey performed by dBA Environmental Services Inc. If you are not sure whether your property is in this area and you have not received this letter, please call the Hanlan Ambassador.
Interrupting Your Water Supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to shut off your water.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
Driveway Access and Repair (For Properties Fronting the Construction Route)
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed.
- We will make sure that all businesses have access at all times.
- Please call the Hanlan Ambassador as soon as possible if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
- If we need to cut your driveway to replace the existing service valve or to access the watermain, we will repair the disturbed area from edge to edge across the driveway. The Region cannot completely replace your driveway.
- Several weeks before we restore your driveway, we will send you an update with the contact information for the contractor, in case you wish to have the remainder of your driveway (private side) paved at the same time.
- We will repair your driveway as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
- In support of the Mississauga Cycling Master Plan and the Peel Active Transportation Plan, we’re working with the City of Mississauga to improve walking and cycling facilities along the Hanlan Water Project Route.
- In your area, we’re building asphalt multi-use trails along the east side of Tomken Road from Britannia Road to Eastgate Parkway, on the south side of Eastgate Parkway from Little Etobicoke Creek to Cawthra Road, and on the west side of Cawthra Road from Meadows Boulevard to Burnhamthorpe Road.
- Trails are designed to fit within the road right-of-way property limits.
- The design has been completed to try to avoid damaging existing trees. If we must remove a tree, we will consult with City of Mississauga forestry staff to plant replacement trees (where possible).
- If we must cut your driveway to install the trail, we will repair the disturbed area from edge to edge across the driveway. The Region cannot completely replace your driveway.
- Work will begin on the multi-use trail when we’ve finished installing the watermain.
- For general information about trails and cycling in Peel, visit walkandrollpeel.ca or mississauga.ca/cycling.
- Email any questions about the multi-use trail to email@example.com.
- Check hanlanwaterproject.ca/construction for construction updates and to see where traffic is likely to be affected.
- Follow us on Twitter @hanlanwp or check the Drivers’ Hotline 1-855-hanlan1 (1-855-426-5261).
- The Region of Peel will let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- Please call the Project Manager or Ambassador if you have any concerns or special needs.