For residents in the affected area of Hickory Drive:
- Garbage collection will happen weekly. Bag limits will not apply.
- Organics will continue to be collected weekly.
- Recycling and yard waste will be picked up every other week, according to regular collection schedules.
- Bags cannot weigh more than 44 lbs.
- If you are involved in an insurance claim, please contact your provider before disposing of damaged items.
If you do not have garbage or recycling carts, visit Bag-Based Collection.
Week 1 Garbage + Organics
Week 2 Recycling + Organics
Week 3 Garbage + Organics
Week 4 Recycling + Organics
See our WhenDoesItGo tool to find your collection schedule.
For most households, garbage and recycling collection happens every other week:
- Garbage is picked up one week.
- Recycling is picked up the next week.
Organics is picked up every week.
Yard Waste has its own schedule. Check WhenDoesItGo for your yard waste schedule.
Put your waste on the curb by 7 a.m. on your collection day, but not before 7 p.m. the night before.
- Individual bags and containers must not weigh more than 20 kg (44 lbs) each.
- Keep your waste separate from your neighbours'.
- Clear the way for collection trucks. Don't leave hockey nets and basketball posts in the street.
- Excess bags of garbage must be tagged. Order tags.
Collection for multi-unit dwellings
If you live in a multi-unit residence such as an apartment or condo, please contact your property management about collection services for your building.
Property managers or superintendents provide each multi-residential unit with a free, reusable bag for recyclables. Use your reusable bag to take your loose, acceptable items to your building's recycling bin.
Organics (green cart) recycling is not available for multi-unit dwellings in Peel. It is provided only to Peel households that receive curbside collection.
Curbside collection does NOT take place on:
- New Year's Day
- Family Day
- Good Friday
- Victoria Day
- Canada Day
- Civic Holiday
- Labour Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- Boxing Day
The Region provides and replaces garbage, recycling and organics (green) carts to applicable residents living in Peel.
If you are moving/have moved into a new development, please email BiWeeklyInquiry@peelregion.ca once you have moved in to set up your waste collection service. In your email be sure to include your name and new address.
If you are moving/have moved into a resale home, please use the carts that are already at your new home. If there are no carts at your new home when you move in, please report the cart problem to the Region of Peel.
If the carts aren't suitable for your household you can change them for smaller or larger-sized carts. An exchange fee of $25 will apply. Get more details about changing a cart size.
If you are a tenant moving into a rented property, please use the carts that are already at your new home.
If the carts aren’t suitable for you, please speak to your property owner/landlord. Only property owners/landlords can request a cart exchange.