How to Sort Your Waste
Carpet, rugs, underlay, padding, astro turf, floor mats or artificial grass
This item is renovation or construction material.
This item has options for collection or disposal.
Option 1: Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC)
- Take large uncut rolls, pieces or mats of carpet, underlay or padding a Community Recycling Centre (CRC). A disposal fee will apply.
- Large rolls greater than 1.2 m (4 ft) in length and 76 cm (30 in) wide and large pieces are not collected at the curb.
Option 2: Curbside garbage collection
- Place bundles of cut-and-rolled carpet, underlay or padding at the curb on your regular garbage collection day.
- Each bundle must be no larger than 1.2 m (4 ft) in length and 76 cm (30 in) wide.
- Tip: reduce your time at the CRC by sorting your renovation and construction materials into separate piles before dropping them off.
Connect to Peel
Join over 120,000 Peel residents who receive emails featuring the latest Regional news, emergency updates and community events.