How to Sort Your Waste
This item is garbage.
Put this item in your garbage (grey) cart.
Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- Always double-bag these home health-care waste items before putting them in your garbage cart or garbage bag for collection:
- colostomy bags
- dialysis waste (e.g. tubing, filters, disposable towels and sheets)
- disposable pads, gowns, gloves, masks and aprons
- gastric and nasal tubs
- IV bags and tubing
- soiled dressing and incontinence products
- Never put home health-care waste in your recycling or organics cart.
- Excess Medical Waste
- If you have excess home health-care waste, you may qualify for the Region’s Medical Waste Exemption program. For more information call the Region of Peel’s Waste Line at 905-791-9499 (in Caledon toll-free at 905-584-2216) or email Waste Inquiry.
- Video: How to Dispose of Household Medical Waste
- Disposing of needles, prefilled pens, injection pens, auto-injectors
- Disposing of syringes and injectors
- Disposing of lancets
Connect to Peel
Join over 120,000 Peel residents who receive emails featuring the latest Regional news, emergency updates and community events.