What Do I Do With...?
This item is household hazardous waste (HHW).
Take this item to a Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC) HHW Depot for safe disposal.
This item may contain mercury, a toxic heavy metal that can impact the health of the environment.
- Exposure to mercury can also cause serious health problems. For safety reasons, do not attempt to remove mercury yourself.
- By bringing this item to a CRC, you can help reduce the amount of mercury in the environment.
- Visit Mercury Roundupto learn more about how we’re safely disposing of mercury.
- Never pour HHW down the drain or put it at the curb for collection.
- HHW can be harmful to people, animals, and the environment if it isn’t disposed of properly.
- Peel CRCs accept HHW items free of charge from residents of Peel.
- CRCs accept a maximum of 80 L of HHW per day.
- CRCs accept a maximum of 40 fluorescent bulbs and ballasts per day.
- Businesses must meet certain criteria to dispose of hazardous waste at a Peel CRC. Complete and submit a Business Hazardous Waste Program Online Application.
Connect to Peel
Join over 115,000 Peel residents who receive emails featuring the latest Regional news, emergency updates and community events.
Click on the following for a complete list of items: