How to Sort Your Waste
Garbage can and lid
This item is garbage.
Place this item next to your garbage (grey) cart on your garbage collection day.
Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- Clearly label the can with a note stating, "Please take as garbage".
- Consider keeping and re-using your old garbage cans for storing items in your household or for your yard waste.
- If your garbage cart is already full, excess garbage must be placed in a garbage bag. Tag the bag of excess garbage with a Region of Peel garbage tag.
- Place the tagged bag or items close to — but not on top of — your garbage cart, leaving at least 1 m (3 ft) of clear space between your extra garbage item and your cart.
- Garbage tags are not required during an exemption period. Your exemption period takes place on your scheduled garbage collection day in December or January, during or after the Christmas holiday. Check your collection calendar for your next exemption period.
- Bulky items or furniture are always collected on your garbage week. Find your collection calendar.