How to Sort Your Waste
This item is yard waste.
Put this item in a yard waste bag, container, or bushel basket.Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- Yard waste is collected seasonally from the curb. Check your collection calendar.
- Yard waste containers must be labelled, open, rigid, and reusable. If you receive cart collection, you can use your old blue or grey box for your yard waste.
- Tree limbs, branches, and trunks larger than 10 cm (4 in) in diameter must be cut to 1.2 m (4 ft) lengths and delivered to a Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC). A disposal fee will apply.
- Securely tie brush in bundles up to 1.2 m (4 ft) long and 76 cm (30 in) wide. Brush bundles cannot weigh more than 20 kg (44 lb). Brush and tree trimmings must be 10 cm (4 in) or less in diameter to be collected from the curb.
- Only brown Kraft paper bags containing yard waste are collected. Plastic bags are not acceptable.
- A filled yard waste bag or container must weigh less than 20 kg (44 lbs) to be collected.
- Leave at least 1 m (3 ft) of clear space between your yard waste and your waste carts.
- Sod is not yard waste and will not be collected from the curb.
- Malton is under quarantine to stop the spread of the Asian Long-Horned Beetle (ALHB).
- Moving or transporting ash trees and ash tree wood out of the borders of Peel is prohibited to stop the spread of the Emerald Ash Borer (EAB).
- Residential yard waste is accepted free of charge, year-round, at the Bolton and Caledon Community Recycling Centres (CRCs).
- Grass clippings and small branches (under 4" in diameter and under 4 ft in length) are accepted free of charge at only the Bolton and Caledon CRCs.
- Residential yard waste is accepted for a fee at the Fewster, Battleford, Brampton, and Heart Lake CRCs.
Connect to Peel
Join over 115,000 Peel residents who receive emails featuring the latest Regional news, emergency updates and community events.