How to Sort Your Waste
Plastic and compostable utensils and cutlery
This item is garbage.
Put this item in your garbage (grey) cart.
- Plastic and compostable utensils and cutlery are too small to be recycled at the Region’s Material Recovery Facility.
- If your garbage cart is already full, put excess garbage in a garbage bag.
- Excess garbage must have a Region of Peel garbage tag. Place tagged bags or items on the curb an arm's length away from your cart.
- Garbage tags are not required during an exemption period. Your exemption period takes place on your scheduled garbage collection day in December or January, during or after the Christmas holiday. Check your collection calendar for your next exemption period.
- If a garbage item won’t fit in your cart, put it an arm's length away from your cart for collection.
Other ways to dispose of this item:
You can also take excess garbage to a Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC). Disposal fees will apply.
Free waste collection reminders
Get weekly reminders by email, text message or phone call.