How to Sort Your Waste
Produce and bulk food bags
This item is recyclable.
Put this item in your recycling (blue) cart or a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag.Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- Cut off any zippers from reusable, re-sealable storage bags. Put the zippers in the garbage.
- Separate plastic film from cardboard sleeves. Put the cardboard sleeve in your recycling.
- Put plastic film, grocery bags, and thin plastics (such as wrapping around paper towels, empty bread bags, rinsed milk bags, dry-cleaning bags, etc.) in one plastic grocery bag.
- Tie the plastic bag tightly.
- Put the tied bag in your recycling cart or a clear or blue transparent recycling bag.
- The lid on your recycling cart must be completely closed for collection. A closed lid helps prevent litter.
- Recycling is mandatory in the Region of Peel.
- The Region collects unlimited amounts of recycling waste from the curb.
- If your recycling cart is full, put recyclables in a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag. Place the bag outside of your recycling cart on your collection day.
- You can also take blue-cart-acceptable recyclables to a Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC).
Connect to Peel
Join over 120,000 Peel residents who receive emails featuring the latest Regional news, emergency updates and community events.