How to Sort Your Waste
Real Christmas tree and seasonal wreaths
This item has options for collection or disposal.
- The Region collects real Christmas trees from the curb on select days in January. Check your collection calendar before setting out your tree.
- If your Christmas tree is shorter than 3 m (10 ft.), put it at the curb on your scheduled recycling collection day. Check your collection calendar before setting out your tree.
- Be sure to properly prepare your tree for collection before setting it on the curb.
- Put real wreaths at the curb for collection on the same day as your Christmas tree.
- Trees will not be collected if they are placed in bags, in or on snowbanks, or still decorated with tinsel or ornaments.
- Ensure your Christmas tree is shorter than 3 m (10 ft.) for curbside collection.
Apartment/condominium building collection
- If you live in an apartment or condo, put your Christmas tree at the curb by the driveway entrance of your property. Be sure your tree doesn't obstruct the road or sidewalk.
Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC)
- If you miss your Christmas tree collection day, drop your tree off at a Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC).
- If your tree is taller than 3 m (10 ft), bring it to a CRC.
- Be sure to remove all tinsel, ornaments, plastic bags, nails, wires and tree stands from your tree before bringing it to a CRC.
Free waste collection reminders
Get weekly reminders by email, text message or phone call.