How to Sort Your Waste
This item is garbage.
Put this item in your garbage (grey) cart.Additional information:
- If your garbage cart is already full, excess garbage must be placed in a garbage bag. Tag the bag of excess garbage with a Region of Peel garbage tag.
- Place the tagged bag or items close to — but not on top of — your garbage cart, leaving at least 1 m (3 ft) of clear space between your extra garbage item and your cart.
- Garbage tags are not required during an exemption period. Your exemption period takes place on your scheduled garbage collection day in December or January, during or after the Christmas holiday. Check your collection calendar for your next exemption period.
- Bulky items or furniture are always collected on your garbage week. Find your collection calendar.
- You can also take excess garbage to a Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC). Disposal fees will apply.
Connect to Peel
Join over 115,000 Peel residents who receive emails featuring the latest Regional news, emergency updates and community events.