Fall battery collection
Start gathering your used batteries and get set out tips.
Peel’s fall battery collection period is from October 17 to 28, 2022.
Use your collection calendar to find out your specific battery pickup date. Get ready by gathering used single-use and rechargeable batteries for curbside collection.
How to prepare for your battery collection day
- Start gathering your used batteries.
- Your battery collection day happens on one specific date between October 17 to
28. Check your waste collection calendar to find out your pickup day.
- Sort out which batteries need taping. Alkaline batteries do not need taping.
Rechargeable and 9V batteries require the ends to be covered by any type of
- Place your batteries in a transparent, sealed bag.
- On your specific battery pickup day, place your battery bag on top of your closed
green bin. If you don't have a green bin, place your battery bag beside your
Car batteries and sealed lead acid batteries will not be collected from the curb. Drop off these types of batteries at a Peel Community Recycling Centre for free disposal, year-round.
If you live in an apartment or condominium, check with your building property manager on how to dispose of batteries safely.