General Eligibility Criteria for CIP Funding
An agency must be:
- Be an organization physically located in Peel Region or primarily serving Peel residents.
- Be mandated to provide human and community services.
- Be incorporated as a not-for-profit organization (the organization requires registration as a charity under the Canada Income Tax Act).
- Be governed by a volunteer board of directors that is representative of the community it serves.
- Comply with the Ontario Human Rights Code in hiring practices and provision of all of its services.
- Provide proof of insurance coverage, including but not limited to commercial general liability insurance.
Who we will not fund
- For profit organizations
- Organizations acting in the capacity of a funding body
- Organizations that duplicate services in the same geographical area
- Organizations affiliated with a political party or that have a political mandate
What we will not fund
- Costs directly linked to the delivery of a program or service
- Annual fundraising drives or events
- Religious programs, activities or proselytizing
- Political activities
- Activities completed, or costs incurred before the approval of the request to the Region
- Medical research or medical equipment
Programs where the federal or provincial government have the primary responsibility for funding, including but not limited to:
- Hospital-based health programs
- Medical research
- Arts and cultural programs
- Formal education and training
- Settlement and English language instruction programs
Programs that are funded or delivered by Brampton, Caledon or Mississauga, including but not limited to:
- Parks and recreation
- Environmental programs
- Economic development