Long term care and retirement homes
We work with long term care and retirement homes to ensure that government requirements are implemented consistently.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we're supporting long term care and retirement homes in meeting their obligations under the Ministry of Health's directive #3 and directive #5, which outline required steps to protect residents and staff at these institutions.
Learn how we're protecting the health of our residents and staff at the Region's 5 long term care centres. Learn more about COVID-19 measures in Regional long term care centres.
You can refer to more information and resources available here:
- The Region of Peel COVID-19 dashboard provides a status of COVID-19 cases in Peel, including long term care and retirement home outbreaks.
- The weekly COVID-19 epidemiology update provides additional demographics and other information regarding Peel's cases.
- The outbreak report for Peel health care institutions is a list of outbreaks at health care institutions within Peel.
You can also refer to provincial resources for long term care homes:
- Ontario government COVID-19 guidance for long-term care homes in Ontario.
- Ministry of Health guidance documents for long term care and retirement homes.
- Public Health Ontario resources for long-term care homes including evidence briefings, webinars, frequently asked questions.
- Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority information and resources for COVID-19.