Development Services supports land-use planning, growth management, and development in Peel Region.
New planning application fees
Revised Planning application fees will be in effect in 2023.
- All fee changes listed are applicable when received as a standalone application.
- All payments payable to the Region of Peel must be submitted as an Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) or wire transfer.
Fee Changes Effective February 2, 2023
A 2.5% increase to existing fees went into affect on February 2, 2023.
About Development Services
Development Services coordinates and develops the Region's Planning position on development applications in the Cities of Mississauga and Brampton, and The Town of Caledon.
Our responsibilities include:
- Providing Regional direction and comments on development applications submitted under the Planning Act.
- Ensuring that Provincial planning regulations and Regional interests are protected through the implementation of the Regional Official Plan.
- Reviewing related engineering submissions and approves water and wastewater connections to Regional services.
- Reviewing storm water management for developments next to Regional roads.
- Implement Provincial and Regional policies that guide growth and manage the use of land within Peel.
- Work with the City of Mississauga, City of Brampton, and Town of Caledon, as well as private land owners and the development industry.
- Prepare Regional positions on all new development and redevelopment proposals in the City of Mississauga, City of Brampton, and Town of Caledon.
- Review water and sanitary sewer system expansions.
- Respond to non-portable ground water requests.
- Process connection requests to Peel's water and wastewater system, storm sewer collection system, and expansion on Regional roads to service new development.
- Review and provide feedback on Environmental Assessments.
- Work with the Street Names Committee to name new streets.
Regional Planners review development applications such as:
- Regional Official Plan Amendments
- Local Official Plans and Amendments
- Zoning By-Law Amendments
- Secondary Plans, Tertiary Plans, and Block Plans
- Subdivision Draft Plans
- Condominium Draft Plans
- Site Plan Applications
- Minor Variance Applications
- Consent Applications
- Niagara Escarpment Development Permit Applications
- Oak Ridges Moraine Site Plan Applications
To contact Development Services, email us or or call 905-791-7800 ext. 4347.