Watermain replacement and improvement
Ordan Drive: Courtneypark Drive East to Meyerside Drive; Viscount Road: Orlando Drive to 112m South of American Drive. Project 17-1310 B
- We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until December 2020.
- August 2018: Restoration Viscount Road & Ordan Drive (PDF)
What we are doing
- Replacing and improving the aging watermain along Viscount Road and Ordan Drive. View area map (PDF).
- Replacing the water service pipe to your service box.
- To upgrade the water system capacity and reliability as part of the Region of Peel's State of Good Repair program.
- We expect to start work on or about April 2, 2018 starting at Viscount Road and American Drive.
- The project should be completed before September 2018. All work is under warranty for two years from the completion date.
- We will start restoring the road when all water system replacements and transfers are complete, and as weather permits.
Who you can call
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Scott Durdle||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext. 5052|
|Mark Ferreira||Construction Inspector||905-791-7800, ext. 3246|
|Sam Rabito Construction
Sam Rabito Construction will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Corey Luciano||Project Coordinator||905-642-5356|
- Our contractor's normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. These hours are consistent with the local municipality's bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
Traffic and parking control
- Traffic will be reduced to a single lane in either direction where construction is occurring.
- If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- Please obey posted traffic signs and follow the direction of Paid Duty Police Officers and flagpersons when present.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times; however, some driveways' access will be reduced to right-turn in and right-turn out movements only when work is occurring nearby.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Irrigation or sprinkler systems
- Please tell the inspector if you have underground irrigation or a sprinkler system outside your property line.
- You may wish to move the sprinkler lines to inside your private property to avoid damage.
Interrupting your water supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to shut off your water. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work.
Replacing and taking care of your sod
- We will replace your sod as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay. The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.
- It is very common for the work area to settle a bit following construction. If you notice any settlement, please let the project manager or inspector know and we will ensure the contractor fixes it.
Repairing the road, curbs, and sidewalks
- On Viscount Road, our contractor will pave only the trench they dug and install temporary curbs as the City of Mississauga plans to rehabilitate the full roadway during their 2019 program; subject to Council approval.
- On Ordan Drive, the disturbed areas will be permanently restored to match or better the existing condition as no future roadway improvement works are scheduled for this road.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any concerns or special needs.