Watermain replacement and improvement
Bough Beeches Boulevard and Chalkdene Grove. Project 20-1310 D
- April 2021: Spring Startup along Bough Beeches Boulevard
- December 2020: Winter Shutdown Notice – Bough Beeches Blvd, Chalkdene Grove
- December 2020: Restoration Notice #2 – Bough Beeches from Fieldgate Drive to Rathburn Road
- October 2020: Restoration on Bough Beeches Boulevard and Chalkdene Grove
- September 2020: Connection update #2 on Bough Beeches Boulevard and Chalkdene Grove
- August 2020: Connection on Bough Beeches Boulevard and Chalkdene Grove
What are we doing?
- Replacing and improving the aging watermain on Bough Beeches Blvd and Chalkdene Grove. See area map (PDF).
- To upgrade the water system capacity and reliability as part of the Region of Peel’s State of Good Repair program.
- We expect to start work on or about June 29, 2020.
- The project should be completed before May 15, 2021 and the works in front of St. Martha and Mary Separate School are expected to be completed before September 2020. All work is under warranty for two years from the completion date.
- We will start restoring the road when all water system replacements and transfers are complete, and as weather permits.
Who can you call?
|Region of Peel|
905-791-7800, ext. 5403
- Our contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
Traffic and parking control
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction.
- If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- On-street parking will be reduced during construction.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time. If you need immediate access to your driveway, the contractor will have road plates available to quickly allow access in and out of your driveway.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Irrigation or sprinkler systems
- Please tell the inspector if you have underground irrigation or a sprinkler system outside your property line.
- You may wish to move the sprinkler lines to inside your private property to avoid damage.
- If tree branches within the right-of-way interfere with construction, the contractor will have the trees pruned before equipment enters the drip line of the tree.
- If tree branches on private property interfere with construction, they will be pruned back to the nearest suitable trunk, crotch or branch.
- The contractor will ask you for permission before cutting any branches on private property. If you do not allow the contractor onto your property to trim the branches, the branches will be cut vertically at the property line.
Interrupting your water supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to shut off your water. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- Your garbage, recycling and organics containers will continue to be picked up on your regularly scheduled day. It is the contractor’s responsibility to move your garbage, recycling and organics bins to a location where our collection vehicles can pick them up. Empty containers will be returned to their corresponding addresses. Please make sure your house number is clearly marked on each bin.
- You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work.
Replacing and taking care of your sod
- The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.
- You can help the sod to stay healthy by watering it for one hour in the early morning, two or three times a week. This is especially important in hot or dry weather.
- We will replace your sod as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
- It is very common for the work area to settle a bit following construction. If you notice any settlement, please let the project manager or inspector know and we will ensure the contractor fixes it.
Repairing your driveway
- The City of Mississauga has scheduled Bough Beeches for Roadway Rehabilitation in 2021, pending budget and council approval. During Roadway Rehabilitation works, a portion of most driveway aprons or at the driveway entrance (within the City right-of-way) will be disturbed again along the curb.
- If we damaged a portion of your asphalt driveway, we will repair the asphalt in the disturbed area by installing a temporary asphalt patch by our watermain contractor for now. Following the City of Mississauga’s work in 2021, your driveway will be replaced in the disturbed area from edge to edge across the driveway. Unfortunately, we cannot repair the entire driveway and only restore the damaged portion. During City’s resurfacing in 2021, should you wish to have the entire or the rest of your driveway paved, you can make your own arrangements to have the work done at the same time.
- If we damaged a portion of your interlock driveway/concrete driveway, our contractor will reinstate the damaged portion of the driveway.
- For further information on the City’s Road Rehabilitation Project, please contact Loudel Uy, City of Mississauga, at 905-615-3200 ext. 3157.
Repairing the road, curbs, and sidewalks
- We will start restoring the road and boulevard once all replacements and service transfers are complete and as weather permits.
- We will complete the restoration on Bough Beeches Blvd and Chalkdene Grove once all the underground works are completed.
- October 2020: Restoration on Bough Beeches Boulevard and Chalkdene Grove.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any concerns or special needs.
How did we do?
- After we’ve finished, we will give you a postage-paid card for you to rate our work.
- Please complete the card and mail it back to us.
Jimmy Cheema, Project Manager
Region of Peel
905-791-7800 ext. 5403
Construction during COVID-19
Construction is an essential service. We’re keeping employees, contractors and the community safe by complying with regulations, physical distancing, using PPE and adjusting work schedules and shifts. Stay up-to-date about COVID-19 in Peel.