Peel Region homepage
Peel Region

811, 311, and 211 information phone numbers

811, 311, and 211 information phone numbers.

911 is the number to call for life-threatening emergencies or crimes in progress.

Other information

Calling 811 will connect you to health information and services.

The 811 phone line provides expert health care advice and saves unnecessary visits to the emergency room. It’s a simple way to connect to a registered nurse when you can’t reach, or don’t have, a regular health care provider.

Call 811 for answers to health-related questions and concerns about certain symptoms, such as:

  • abdominal pain
  • COVID-19 symptoms
  • depression, anxiety, panic attack, and other mental health symptoms
  • diabetes
  • diarrhea
  • dizziness
  • fever
  • headache
  • heart rate or heartbeat questions
  • high blood pressure
  • high or low blood sugar
  • nausea
  • rash
  • substance abuse and dependence (alcohol, tobacco, and drugs)
  • vomiting

You can also call 811 if:

  • You do not feel well, and you’re not sure what to do about it.
  • You need advice about a loved one with dementia.
  • You need information about healthy eating.
  • You recently had surgery and have a question about how looking after yourself afterwards.
  • You’re concerned about your mental health and want to speak with a professional.
  • You want information about health services in your area.
  • You have a chronic condition like diabetes and want advice about managing it at home.

If the medical concern is an emergency, call 911 immediately.

For more information about the 811 service, visit health made easy.

Calling 311 will connect you to municipal services.

You can call 311 from anywhere in Brampton, Mississauga and Caledon.

Call 311 information about:

  • animal services
  • building permits
  • fire pits
  • garbage collection
  • library locations and hours
  • parking bylaws
  • parks and recreation programs
  • property taxes
  • requests for financial assistance
  • water bills

Call 311 if you’re:

  • Looking for legal help.
  • A newcomer to Canada looking for housing.
  • Seeking counselling for mental health or addiction issues for you or your family.
  • A laid-off employee wanting to know about available employment programs.
  • A caregiver for an elderly parent, and you’re feeling overwhelmed and need support.
  • A concerned relative or friend looking for available home support services for a senior.

311 is a partnership between Peel and Brampton, Mississauga, and Caledon, to provide access to municipal information. It offers a single window of direct access to local municipal government programs and services. It is free and available in languages spoken in Peel.

Calling directly

You can still call Peel or your municipality directly.

Region of Peel: 905-791-7800, toll-free: 1-888-919-7800
City of Brampton: 905-874-2000 (teletypewriter or text telephone: 905-874-2130)
Town of Caledon: 905-584-2272
City of Mississauga: 905-615-4311 (teletypewriter or text telephone: 905-896-5151)

Calling 211 will connect you to local community-based health, social, and government services. It’s the number to call when you need help but aren’t sure where to turn.


  • Is a free, confidential telephone and internet-based database.
  • Helps you easily find and access the most appropriate community services and programs – such as counselling and legal help – then provides you with the best available resources in your community.
  • Helps professionals in business, government and community agencies, and individuals and families facing barriers due to language or personal circumstances.
  • Is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in over 150 languages.

You can call 211 from anywhere in Brampton, Caledon, and Mississauga.

Easy access through 211 is especially important for vulnerable people or those who face barriers in accessing services.

If you prefer, you can also search the Ontario 211 online database for answers to your questions and or concerns.