How to Sort Your Waste
Until further notice
- CRCs are not accepting tires.
- Up to 2 extra garbage bags will be collected.
- No garbage tags necessary. Tag sales are suspended.
Carpet, rugs, underlay, padding, astro turf, floor mats or artificial grass
This item is renovation or construction material.
This item has options for collection or disposal.
Option 1: Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC)
- Take large uncut rolls, pieces or mats of carpet, underlay or padding a Community Recycling Centre (CRC). A disposal fee will apply.
- Large rolls greater than 1.2 m (4 ft) in length and 76 cm (30 in) wide and large pieces are not collected at the curb.
Option 2: Curbside garbage collection
- Place bundles of cut-and-rolled carpet, underlay or padding at the curb on your regular garbage collection day.
- Each bundle must be no larger than 1.2 m (4 ft) in length and 76 cm (30 in) wide.
- Tip: reduce your time at the CRC by sorting your renovation and construction materials into separate piles before dropping them off.