How to sort your waste
Cigarettes, cigarette butts or cigarette ashes
This item is garbage.
Put this item in your garbage (grey) cart.
Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- Cigarettes, cigarette butts and ashes are not compostable. Do not put these items in your organics (green) cart.
- If your garbage cart is already full, excess garbage must be placed in a garbage bag. Tag the bag of excess garbage with a Region of Peel garbage tag.
- Place the tagged bag or items close to — but not on top of — your garbage cart, leaving at least 1 m (3 ft) of clear space between your extra garbage item and your cart.
- Bulky items or furniture are always collected on your garbage week. Find your collection calendar.
Other ways to dispose of this item:
- Consider recycling cigarette butts through the TerraCycle Cigarette Waste Recycling Program.