How to Sort Your Waste
Fireworks or flares (used)
This item is garbage.
Put this item in your garbage (grey) cart.
Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- Place used or extinguished sparklers and fireworks in a bucket of water immediately after use. Soak them thoroughly overnight.
- Drain the water and put the used sparklers or fireworks in the garbage.
- Active fireworks are not collected from the curb and are not accepted at Peel Community Recycling Centres (CRCs).
- If your garbage cart is already full, excess garbage must be placed in a garbage bag. Tag the bag of excess garbage with a Region of Peel garbage tag.
- Place the tagged bag or items close to — but not on top of — your garbage cart, leaving at least 1 m (3 ft) of clear space between your extra garbage item and your cart.
- Bulky items or furniture are always collected on your garbage week. Find your collection calendar.