How to sort your waste
The fall battery collection period is from October 17 to 28. Check your collection calendar for your battery pickup day. Get details
Fireworks or flares (used)
This item is garbage.
Put this item in your garbage (grey) cart.
Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- Place used or extinguished sparklers and fireworks in a bucket of water immediately after use. Soak them thoroughly overnight.
- Drain the water and put the used sparklers or fireworks in the garbage.
- Active fireworks are not collected from the curb and are not accepted at Peel Community Recycling Centres (CRCs).
- If your garbage cart is already full, excess garbage must be placed in a garbage bag. Tag the bag of excess garbage with a Region of Peel garbage tag.
- Place the tagged bag or items close to — but not on top of — your garbage cart, leaving at least 1 m (3 ft) of clear space between your extra garbage item and your cart.
- Bulky items or furniture are always collected on your garbage week. Find your collection calendar.