How to sort your waste
Fluorescent light bulb, tubes or ballasts
This item is household hazardous waste (HHW).
Take this item to a Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC) HHW Depot for safe disposal.
This item may contain mercury, a toxic heavy metal that can impact the health of the environment.
- Exposure to mercury can also cause serious health problems. For safety reasons, do not attempt to remove mercury yourself.
- By bringing this item to a CRC, you can help reduce the amount of mercury in the environment.
- Visit Mercury Roundup to learn more about how we’re safely disposing of mercury.
- Never pour HHW down the drain or put it at the curb for collection.
- HHW can be harmful to people, animals, and the environment if it isn’t disposed of properly.
- Peel CRCs accept HHW items free of charge from residents of Peel.
- CRCs accept a maximum of 80 L of HHW per day.
- CRCs accept a maximum of 40 fluorescent bulbs and ballasts per day.
- Businesses with hazardous waste must apply then follow a registration and reporting process to dispose of hazardous waste at a Peel CRC. For details access apply for disposal of business hazardous waste.