How to sort your waste
The fall battery collection period is from October 17 to 28. Check your collection calendar for your battery pickup day. Get details
Kitty litter and pet waste
This item is garbage.
Put this item in your garbage (grey) cart.
Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- Put pet waste and kitty litter in a plastic bag. Tie the bag, then put it your garbage cart.
- Do not put pet waste or litter box absorbents in your organics (green) cart.
- If your garbage cart is already full, excess garbage must be placed in a garbage bag. Tag the bag of excess garbage with a Region of Peel garbage tag.
- Place the tagged bag or items close to — but not on top of — your garbage cart, leaving at least 1 m (3 ft) of clear space between your extra garbage item and your cart.
- Bulky items or furniture are always collected on your garbage week. Find your collection calendar.