How to Sort Your Waste
Until further notice
- CRCs are not accepting tires.
- Up to 2 extra garbage bags will be collected.
- No garbage tags necessary. Tag sales are suspended.
Pizza box (empty)
This item is recyclable.
Put this item in your recycling (blue) cart or a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag.Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- Empty and flatten small cardboard boxes (such as cereal and tissue boxes). Place the flattened boxes in your recycling cart or in a clear or blue transparent recycling bag.
- Cut boxes or large pieces of flattened corrugated cardboard into smaller sizes that will fit in your recycling cart. Put the cut pieces in your recycling cart. .
- If the pieces won’t fit in your cart, tie the pieces together into bundles. Ensure that bundles are smaller than 1x1 m (3 x 3 ft) and weigh less than 20 kg (44 lb). Bundles that exceed these maximums will not be collected.
- Place the bundles in a clear or blue transparent recycling bag or on the ground next to your recycling cart.
- Remove any mesh windows from vegetable bags (such as potato bags or onion bags). Place the mesh window in the garbage and place the vegetable bag in your recycling.
- Remove any plastic handles from cardboard fruit baskets. Place the handles and the basket loose into your recycling.
- Place kraft paper lunch and grocery bags into your recycling cart.
- The lid on your recycling cart must be completely closed for collection. A closed lid helps prevent litter.
- Recycling is mandatory in the Region of Peel.
- The Region collects unlimited amounts of recycling waste from the curb.
- If your recycling cart is full, put recyclables in a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag. Place the bag outside of your recycling cart on your collection day.
- Take cut and flattened cardboard to a Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC) free of charge.