How to Sort Your Waste
Until further notice
Plastic Paint Cans with Metal Handles (empty)
This item is garbage.
Put this item in your garbage (grey) cart.
- This item is recyclable only if the metal handles are removed from the plastic can. Put the metal handles in the garbage and put the empty plastic can in your recycling.
- Full or partially-full paint cans are not recyclable and must be disposed of as household hazardous waste.
- Empty metal paint cans with metal handles are recyclable. These cans must be smaller than 5L.
- Empty plastic paint cans with plastic handles are recyclable. These cans must also be smaller than 5L.
Other ways to dispose of this item:
- You can also take excess garbage to a Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC). Disposal fees will apply.