How to Sort Your Waste
Until further notice
- CRCs are not accepting electronics, tires and large appliances.
- Up to 2 extra garbage bags will be collected.
- No garbage tags necessary. Tag sales are suspended.
Plastic beer cups or plates
This item is recyclable.
Put this item in your recycling (blue) cart or a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag.Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- If this item is smaller than 7 cm (3 in) in diameter, put it in the garbage.
- Put bottles larger than 50 mL in your recycling. Put bottles smaller than 50 mL in your garbage.
- If this item holds more than 15 L or is made of other materials besides plastic, put it in the garbage.
- Use or consume the item’s contents. Make sure the item is clean and empty before placing it in your recycling.
- The lid on your recycling cart must be completely closed for collection. A closed lid helps prevent litter.
- Recycling is mandatory in the Region of Peel.
- The Region collects unlimited amounts of recycling waste from the curb.
- If your recycling cart is full, put recyclables in a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag. Place the bag outside of your recycling cart on your collection day.
- You can also take blue-cart-acceptable recyclables to a Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC).