How to Sort Your Waste
Until further notice
- CRCs are not accepting electronics, tires and large appliances.
- Up to 2 extra garbage bags will be collected.
- No garbage tags necessary. Tag sales are suspended.
Plastic cereal or cracker box liners and pouches
This item is garbage.
Put this item in your garbage (grey) cart.Additional information:
- If your garbage cart is already full, excess garbage must be placed in a garbage bag. Tag the bag of excess garbage with a Region of Peel garbage tag.
- Place the tagged bag or items close to — but not on top of — your garbage cart, leaving at least 1 m (3 ft) of clear space between your extra garbage item and your cart.
- Garbage tags are not required during an exemption period. Your exemption period takes place on your scheduled garbage collection day in December or January, during or after the Christmas holiday. Check your collection calendar for your next exemption period.
- You can also take excess garbage to a Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC). Disposal fees will apply.