How to Sort Your Waste
Plastic coffee container
This item is recyclable.
Put this item in your recycling (blue) cart or a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag.Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- If this item is smaller than 7 cm (3 in) in diameter, put it in the garbage.
- Put bottles larger than 50 mL in your recycling. Put bottles smaller than 50 mL in your garbage.
- Crush or flatten larger plastic bottles and containers before placing them in your recycling cart.
- If this item holds more than 15 L or is made of other materials besides plastic, put it in the garbage.
- Use or consume the item’s contents. Make sure the item is clean and empty before placing it in your recycling.
- If the item has a flat, plastic lid, separate the lid from the item and put both in your recycling.
- If the item has a small cap, remove it and put it on the garbage. Also remove any parts of the item that aren't plastic, such filters, absorbent pads or foil. Put these items in the garbage too.
- Remove any metal handles. Put the handles in your recycling too.
- The lid on your recycling cart must be completely closed for collection. A closed lid helps prevent litter.
- Recycling is mandatory in the Region of Peel.
- The Region collects unlimited amounts of recycling waste from the curb.
- If your recycling cart is full, put recyclables in a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag. Place the bag outside of your recycling cart on your collection day.
- You can also take blue-cart-acceptable recyclables to a Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC).