How to sort your waste
The fall battery collection period is from October 17 to 28. Check your collection calendar for your battery pickup day. Get details
Plastic paint cans with plastic handles (empty)
This item is recyclable.
Put this item in your recycling (blue) cart or a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag.
Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- An empty plastic paint can is recyclable only if it has plastic handles and is smaller than 5L.
- Empty plastic cans with dry paint inside are acceptable for recycling.
- Separate the lid from the empty can. Put both items in your recycling.
- Empty metal paint cans with metal handles are also recyclable. These cans must also be smaller than 5L.
- Empty plastic paint cans with metal handles go in the garbage.
- Full or partially-full paint cans are not recyclable and must be disposed of as household hazardous waste.
- The lid on your recycling cart must be completely closed for collection. A closed lid helps prevent litter.
- Recycling is mandatory in the Region of Peel.
- The Region collects unlimited amounts of recycling waste from the curb.
- If your recycling cart is full, put recyclables in a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag. Place the bag outside of your recycling cart on your collection day.
Other ways to dispose of this item:
- You can also take blue-cart-acceptable recyclables to a Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC).