How to sort your waste
The fall battery collection period is from October 17 to 28. Check your collection calendar for your battery pickup day. Get details
Prepared food box
This item is recyclable.
Put this item in your recycling (blue) cart or a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag.Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- Empty and flatten small cardboard boxes (such as cereal and tissue boxes). Place the flattened boxes in your recycling cart or in a clear or blue transparent recycling bag.
- Cut boxes or large pieces of flattened corrugated cardboard into smaller sizes that will fit in your recycling cart. Put the cut pieces in your recycling cart. .
- If the pieces won’t fit in your cart, tie the pieces together into bundles. Ensure that bundles are smaller than 1x1 m (3 x 3 ft) and weigh less than 20 kg (44 lb). Bundles that exceed these maximums will not be collected.
- Place the bundles in a clear or blue transparent recycling bag or on the ground next to your recycling cart.
- Remove any mesh windows from vegetable bags (such as potato bags or onion bags). Place the mesh window in the garbage and place the vegetable bag in your recycling.
- Remove any plastic handles from cardboard fruit baskets. Place the handles and the basket loose into your recycling.
- Place kraft paper lunch and grocery bags into your recycling cart.
- The lid on your recycling cart must be completely closed for collection. A closed lid helps prevent litter.
- Recycling is mandatory in the Region of Peel.
- The Region collects unlimited amounts of recycling waste from the curb.
- If your recycling cart is full, put recyclables in a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag. Place the bag outside of your recycling cart on your collection day.
- Take cut and flattened cardboard to a Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC) free of charge.