How to Sort Your Waste
Scrap wood or firewood bundles
This item is garbage.
This item has options for collection or disposal.
Option 1: Curbside garbage collection
- Put scrap wood or firewood into your garbage cart.
- The wood pieces must be small enough for you close the cart lid. Wood sticking out of your garbage cart will not be collected.
Option 2: Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC)
- Take larger pieces of scrap wood to a Community Recycling Centre (CRC). A disposal fee will apply.
- Wood must be cut to a maximum of 1.2 m (4 ft) in length before being dropped off at a CRC. Pieces larger than 1.2 m will not be accepted.
- Tip: reduce your time at the CRC by sorting your renovation and construction materials into separate piles before dropping them off.