How to Sort Your Waste
Until further notice
- CRCs are not accepting electronics, tires and large appliances.
- Up to 2 extra garbage bags will be collected.
- No garbage tags necessary. Tag sales are suspended.
Tainted or recalled meat
This item is garbage.
Put this item in your garbage (grey) cart.
Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- Do not open the package. Put the entire package in the garbage.
- If the package has been opened, put the meat and the packaging in the garbage.
- Do not handle any tainted or recalled meat products with your hands.
- Do not dispose of recalled food in your organics cart.
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) Food Recalls
- If your garbage cart is already full, excess garbage must be placed in a garbage bag. Tag the bag of excess garbage with a Region of Peel garbage tag.
- Place the tagged bag or items close to — but not on top of — your garbage cart, leaving at least 1 m (3 ft) of clear space between your extra garbage item and your cart.
- Garbage tags are not required during an exemption period. Your exemption period takes place on your scheduled garbage collection day in December or January, during or after the Christmas holiday. Check your collection calendar for your next exemption period.
- Bulky items or furniture are always collected on your garbage week. Find your collection calendar.