How to sort your waste
Tainted or recalled meat
This item is garbage.
Put this item in your garbage (grey) cart.
Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- Do not open the package. Put the entire package in the garbage.
- If the package has been opened, put the meat and the packaging in the garbage.
- Do not handle any tainted or recalled meat products with your hands.
- Do not dispose of recalled food in your organics cart.
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- If your garbage cart is already full, excess garbage must be placed in a garbage bag. Tag the bag of excess garbage with a Region of Peel garbage tag.
- Place the tagged bag or items close to — but not on top of — your garbage cart, leaving at least 1 m (3 ft) of clear space between your extra garbage item and your cart.
- Bulky items or furniture are always collected on your garbage week. Find your collection calendar.