How to Sort Your Waste
Until further notice
- CRCs are not accepting tires.
- Up to 2 extra garbage bags will be collected.
- No garbage tags necessary. Tag sales are suspended.
Toner or ink cartridge (full or empty)
This item is garbage.
Put this item in your garbage (grey) cart.
- If your garbage cart is already full, excess garbage must be placed in a garbage bag. Tag the bag of excess garbage with a Region of Peel garbage tag.
- Place the tagged bag or items close to — but not on top of — your garbage cart, leaving at least 1 m (3 ft) of clear space between your extra garbage item and your cart.
- Garbage tags are not required during an exemption period. Your exemption period takes place on your scheduled garbage collection day in December or January, during or after the Christmas holiday. Check your collection calendar for your next exemption period.
- Bulky items or furniture are always collected on your garbage week. Find your collection calendar.
Other ways to dispose of this item:
- Consider returning full, partially-full, or empty cartridges to the manufacturer or an office supplies retailer, such as Staples, for recycling.