How to sort your waste
Vegetables, legumes or pulses
This item is organic waste.
Put this item in your organics (green) cart.
Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- Remove any packaging before placing the item in your green cart.
- Reduce odours by lining your organics cart and kitchen container with newspaper, paper bags, or certified compostable bags. Don't put organics in plastic grocery bags.
- Don't put pet waste or diapers in your organics cart. These items belong in the garbage.
- The Region collects unlimited amounts of organic waste from the curb.
- If your green cart isn't full by your regular collection day, consider adding yard waste. Check the complete list of acceptable yard waste items.