How to Sort Your Waste
Until further notice
- CRCs are not accepting electronics, tires and large appliances.
- Up to 2 extra garbage bags will be collected.
- No garbage tags necessary. Tag sales are suspended.
This item is yard waste.
Put this item in a yard waste bag, container, or bushel basket.Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- Yard waste is collected seasonally from the curb. Check your collection calendar.
- Yard waste containers must be labelled, open, rigid, and reusable. If you receive cart collection, you can use your old blue or grey box for your yard waste.
- Securely tie brush in bundles up to 1.2 m (4 ft) long and 76 cm (30 in) wide. Brush bundles cannot weigh more than 20 kg (44 lb). Brush and tree trimmings must be 10 cm (4 in) or less in diameter to be collected from the curb.
- Only brown Kraft paper bags containing yard waste are collected. Plastic bags are not acceptable.
- A filled yard waste bag or container must weigh less than 20 kg (44 lbs) to be collected.
- Leave at least 1 m (3 ft) of clear space between your yard waste and your waste carts.
- Sod is not yard waste and will not be collected from the curb.
- Moving or transporting ash trees and ash tree wood out of the borders of Peel is prohibited to stop the spread of the Emerald Ash Borer (EAB).
- Residential yard waste is accepted for a fee, year-round, at all Peel Community Recycling Centres (CRCs).