Peel's Wastewater Integrated Management System
Peel is developing a wastewater integrated management system (WWIMS) to apply the most effective and practical methods for collecting and treating Peel's wastewater.
The goal is to integrate environmental and quality awareness into a management approach that will improve our wastewater systems operations.
Applying a consistent management process will:
- Ensure consistency and structure.
- Raise emergency preparedness.
- Improve levels of regulatory compliance.
- Increase environmental stewardship and operational efficiency.
- Encourage interaction and communication within the organization and with the public.
The WWIMS will be based on the principles of ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management Systems) and ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management Systems).
The WWIMS program performance will be measured regularly as it reaches its desired goals, resulting in enhanced public trust and confidence in Peel's wastewater collection and treatment service level.