Hot mix asphalt resurfacing
Bovaird Drive from Kennedy Road to Highway 10 – Project 20-4675, 16-4520, 19525 and 22-4140
Where is the work happening?
- On Bovaird Drive from Kennedy Road to Highway 10.
What are we doing?
- The work includes:
- Milling existing asphalt
- Placing base and final top surface asphalt
- Base repairs
- Painting pavement markings
- Construction Start: Monday, June 26th ,2023 (Weather Permitting)
- Construction Finish: Friday, August 25th, 2023 (Weather Permitting)
- Incomplete works caused by weather will be moved to the following week.
- Hours of operation are from 7 pm to 6 am and from 6 am to 7 pm. Expect some traffic delays during nighttime hours with heavier than expected delays during daytime hours.
- These hours follow the city’s by-laws. Extended working hours may cause some inconvenience to the public and businesses, however it will help facilitate completion of the project as quickly as possible.
- Pacific Paving has been contracted to complete the work on the Region’s behalf.
- Night-time and day-time lane closures will cause traffic delays.
- At minimum one driveway access will always be open for access to businesses
- The work will be phased to minimize traffic disruption while maintaining a safe working environment as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Existing traffic flows will be maintained with some restrictions during construction. However, due to the nature of the work, we will need to reduce traffic lanes in each-direction to a single-lane during the work where and when applicable. Two lanes will be maintained as soon as it is can safely be done with respect to progress of work.
- Peel Regional Police will be on site to assist with safe movement of traffic, as may be required.
- Please use caution when travelling through the work zone.
- The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any significant changes in the project scope or schedule.
- Please call the undersigned if you have any special needs.
Who can you call?
|Pacific Paving Ltd.
under contract to the Region of Peel
|Region of Peel
Construction project updates can be found at peelregion.ca/construction.