Belfountain Rehabilitation Project, Town of Caledon
For Rehabilitation of Old Main Street and Bush Street, Project 14-4065
Peel Region is completing the detailed design for the Belfountain rehabilitation project on Old Main Street/Mississauga Road from Caledon Mountain Drive to Bush Street, and Bush Street from Old Main Street to Shaws Creek Road. View area map (PDF).
Peel Region maintains assets under the State of Good Repair (SOGR) program and has the responsibility to repair and improve existing infrastructure. It is planned to rehabilitate the road pavement, upgrade the existing drainage culverts, undergo soft improvements at the intersection, and streetscaping improvements in the parkette area.
- There will not be any impact on environmental and historical features.
- There will be no widening of the roadway, the work will be completed within the existing road allowance.
- The existing road elevation will be maintained in Belfountain village.
- There will be no sidewalks, designated Multi-Use Path, or bicycle paths
- There will be no acquisition of private property
The project is currently in the final stages of the detailed design. Construction is tentatively scheduled for Summer of 2024, and is expected to be completed by Fall of 2024.
Peel Region is working with the Belfountain Community Organization for an in-person information center at the Belfountain Community Hall. Further details regarding this project will be shared.
Peel Region would like your feedback regarding the following proposed clock feature.
Please contact the project team if you have any questions or concerns.
Ommar Moeen, Project manager, Region of Peel
905-791-7800 ext. 7998