Rehabilitation of Dixie Road
From Drew Road to Steeles Avenue. Project 20-4690
Where is the work happening?
- Dixie Road from 180m south of Steeles Avenue to 60m north of Drew Road. View attached map.
What are we doing?
- Ditching and grading on the east side of Dixie Road north of Highway 407;
- Multi-use path construction between Steeles Avenue and Advance Boulevard;
- Removal and replacement of splash pad, median island, concrete curb and gutter;
- Removal and replacement of storm structures, including frames and grates;
- Installing steel beam guide rail and soft stop for end treatment; and
- Road resurfacing, base repairs, pavement markings, restoration, and minor related works.
- Construction Start: September 2021 – Finish: August 2022 (weather permitting)
Who can you call?
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Nabiel Matta||Project Manager||905-791-7800 ext. 7862|
|Marc Vaccari||Site Inspector||905-791-7800 ext. 3246|
|Raft General Contractor Inc.
under contract to the Region of Peel
|Rami Faraj||Project Manager||416-709-0100|
|Sam Qandla||Site Supervisor||416-459-1578|
Staging and working hours
- Rafat General Contractor Inc. has been contracted to complete the work on the Region’s behalf. Boulevard works such as multi-use path, grading, concrete, and electrical will be done during off-peak hours (9am to 3:30pm), Monday to Friday and there will be reduced traffic lanes.
Following the winter shut-down period, remaining works including asphalt placement will take place in Spring 2022. Milling and paving operations will be staged in sections, so that lanes will only be closed on one side of the road at a time, between intersections. Works will take place during day and night, until the section is restored to base asphalt and lanes can be re-opened to traffic. Operations will then move to the next section and will continue in this fashion until completion of top asphalt placement, weather pending.
Extended working hours may cause some inconvenience to the public; however, this will help complete the project as quickly as possible.
- The project will be phased to minimize traffic disruption while maintaining a safe working environment as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Existing traffic flows will be maintained during construction. However, traffic lanes will be reduced and temporarily block intersections during construction.
- Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Please use caution when travelling through the work zone.
- We will maintain driveway access as much as possible. If there is a need to block your driveway for a short time, you will be contacted to arrange for the best time to do so.
- We will ensure access to businesses at all times.
- The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any key changes in the project scope or schedule.