Peel Region homepage
Peel Region

Stay-at-home order for Ontario

Only go out for essential purposes. Find out how the emergency order affects residents, businesses, and public spaces. Get details


New driveway request

If you live on a Regional road and want to add a driveway (access) or change your driveway (access), you must complete the required development application form(s).

Properties bordering Regional roads can have one access and one farm access, provided that access is not available from a City or Town road.

If you live on a Regional road and want to relocate your existing access/driveway for improved safety, the procedure is the same as applying for a new access/driveway.

Development applications are necessary for both residential and commercial/industrial properties.

Required forms

For residential access

New Residential Access/Driveway Request (PDF)

For industrial/commercial access

For both residential and industrial/commercial access/driveway requests 1

Development fees

Payment must be received prior to preparation of information. Payment can be made in person using Visa, Master Card, or cheque made payable to "Region of Peel."

Permit type Fees
  • Site Plan Review/Development1
  • Applications/Engineering & Inspection Fees
7% or minimum charge of $1,724.40
Access/Servicing Compliance Letters 1 $289.60 (per letter) 2
Temporary Access fee $265.72 (per permit) 2

For more information, please contact:

The Regional Municipality of Peel
Public Works Department
Traffic Engineering/Transportation Division
10 Peel Centre Dr., Suite B, 4th Floor 
Brampton, ON. L6T 4B9 
Tel: 905-791-7800
Toll Free: 1-888-919-7800 
Fax: 905-791-1442
Email questions and comments

1 Additional information for new driveway requests.

2 Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) is not applicable