New driveway request
If you live on a Regional road and want to add a driveway (access) or change your driveway (access), you must complete the required development application form(s).
Properties bordering Regional roads can have one access and one farm access, provided that access is not available from a City or Town road.
If you live on a Regional road and want to relocate your existing access/driveway for improved safety, the procedure is the same as applying for a new access/driveway.
Development applications are necessary for both residential and commercial/industrial properties.
For residential access
For industrial/commercial access
- New Industrial and Commercial Access/Driveway Request (PDF)
- Also required: a traffic impact study and adherence to the access control by-law
For both residential and industrial/commercial access/driveway requests 1
- Letter of Credit (PDF)
- Letter of Undertaking (PDF)
- Notification to Commence Work (PDF)
- Insurance Certificate Form (PDF)
- Road Occupancy Permit (PDF)
Effective February 11, 2021 fee changes will be in place for the following Traffic Development services:
- Site Plan Review/Development Applications will increase to 8.91% or minimum charge of $1,724.40 1
- Temporary Access Fees will increase from $333.88 to $1,137 2
- Road Occupancy Permits – Development Related will increase from $450 to $980 3
New Traffic Development and Road Fees will be phased in starting in 2021 and continue into 2022:
- Effective July 1, 2021, 50% increase to existing fees, and 50% implementation of new fee categories will take effect.
- Upon passing of the 2022 Regional User fees and Charges By-law, increases to the existing fees and the new fee categories will be fully implemented.
All payments are payable to the Region of Peel must be submitted as an Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) or Wire Transfer.
For more information, please contact:
The Regional Municipality of Peel
Public Works Department
Traffic Engineering/Transportation Division
10 Peel Centre Dr., Suite B, 4th Floor
Brampton, ON. L6T 4B9
Toll Free: 1-888-919-7800
Email questions and comments
2 Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) is not applicable
3 This fee will be split into two fees: Road Occupancy Permits determined by staff to be related to standard works and maintenance will continue to be subject to a $450 fee, while Road Occupancy Permits determined by staff to be related to development applications that will have associated works in the Regional Right of Way will be subject to a $980 fee.