Peel Region homepage
Peel Region

Exterior Pipe and Interior Plumbing Coverage for Homeowners

The Region is pleased to endorse optional and voluntary coverage programs for homeowners with broken pipes.

Did you know that as a Peel homeowner you are responsible for repairs to the exterior water and sanitary sewer/septic lines that run from your home to your property line? You are also responsible for your interior plumbing maintenance.

The Region of Peel is responsible for the maintenance and repair of municipal water and sanitary sewer (wastewater) pipes only.

If a pipe on your property fails, it is your responsibility to pay for these repairs which can cost hundreds to thousands of dollars, depending on the type of work. This can put you in a financial bind, especially when it’s unexpected.

To help prevent this type of unforeseen costs the Region of Peel is pleased to continue to endorse voluntary and optional exterior water, sewer/septic line and interior plumbing and drainage coverage programs.

These programs provide coverage 24-hours a day, 365 days a year, and are managed and administered by Service Line Warranties of Canada (SLWC). The collaboration between SLWC and the Region of Peel is a way to help increase your awareness of your property responsibilities.

Watch your Canada Post mail for details, program costs, and how to sign up. You are encouraged to also check with your insurance company to see if they offer these type of protection programs before taking coverage with SLWC.